Aricent Technologies is a step-down subsidiary of Aricent (formerly known as the “Aricent Group”). Aricent is a leading global engineering services and software company, with specialized expertise in the communications, semiconductors and software market segments.
The Company provides outsourced product development, product support services, and licensable software frameworks and solutions. Aricent’s service offerings provide a comprehensive product lifecycle of services for communications networks, as well as connected devices, applications, and mobile services.
This software is in areas that include: 4G Long Term Evolution, G, Multimedia, Software Defined Networks, Mobile Edge Computing, Switching Routing solutions, Network Functions Virtualization, Self Organizing Networks, Machine-to-Machine, WiFi, Cloud, SmartGrid and Internet of Things.
About the Company
- Aricent is a global digital leader in integrated design and engineering services, primarily serving clients of the Communications and Technology, Semiconductor and Software industries.
- Aricent was incorporated in 2006 with its registered office in Delhi.
- Headquartered in Santa Clara (California), Aricent brings design and engineering capabilities to help its clients get to market faster, transform legacy products to digital and create new revenue opportunities.
- Aricent has solid experience in shaping large engineering outsourcing deals and key capabilities in key emerging technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Systems, the Internet of Things and Software Frameworks.
- The Company offers end to end capabilities right from design to software and hardware product development, product support services and licensable software frameworks and solutions. Aricent’s service offerings provide a comprehensive product lifecycle of services for communications networks, as well as connected devices, applications and mobile services.
Evolution and History
- Altran, a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), entered through its subsidiary Altran US, into a definitive agreement to acquire Aricent, a global digital leader in design and engineering services, for a total enterprise value of €1.73 billion or $2.0 billion in an all-cash transaction in FY2018.
- Further, in the year 2020, Capgemini a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services and a listed entity registered under the laws of France, acquired Altran Group which resulted in Aricent being a step-down subsidiary of Capgemini.
- Capgemini holds 98.15% of Altran’s share capital and at least 98.03% of Altran’s voting rights for $4.1 billion (€3.6 billion).
- Capgemini now ranks as the undisputed world leader in Engineering and R&D services (“ER&D”)
- The acquisition enabled to strengthen of the competencies and solutions in digital, based on intellectual property developed by Aricent, extended over time and benefiting from a strategic positioning on emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Post-acquisition, Capgemini has combined employee strength of 270,000 globally. Altran has 50,000 employees of which 15,000 are in India.
- The engineering and Software industry is experiencing enormous growth across the globe. Businesses are increasingly shifting their operations towards automation. Research forecasts that companies will spend more than 25 billion dollars on global marketing automation by 2023.
- The market is expected to grow from US$ 6.87 billion in 2020 to US$ 19.66 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 19.2% between 2021 and 2026.
- The global market for Next-Generation Communication Technologies is valued at US$ 71.78 billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 27.65% during the forecast period i.e. 2018-2023.
- The global Semiconductor market size stood at US$ 513.08 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 726.73 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period.
- Revenue in the Enterprise Software is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2021-2025) of 9.12%, resulting in a market volume of US$ 326,285.5 million by 2025.
- The global Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the Internet of Things (IoT) market size to grow from US$ 5.1 billion in 2019 to US$ 16.2 billion by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 26.0% during the forecast period.
- The Company clocked a revenue of INR 25,409 million on a standalone basis, thereby witnessing a growth of 11.62% in the FY19-20, over the previous years’ revenue.
- The Profit After Tax for FY19-20 was INR 7,027 million registering an increase of 243.45% over INR 204 million recorded during the previous year.
- The Company has generated INR 150 Crores of positive cash flows from operations in FY19-20.
- The Company is debt-free.
Earning Per Share
- The Earning Per Share of the Company has increased exceptionally by 269.10% as compared to the EPS registered in FY15-16.
- The Company has the distinction of being one among the Top 5 companies globally to get assessed to CMMI 2.0 Dev/Services multimodal assessment in December 2019.
- Altran Collaborates with Qualcomm to deliver public and private 5G network solutions.
- The Company also exports its products and services throughout the globe including America, Europe and Mauritius.
- Continuous efforts were taken for the conservation of energy resulting in less CO2 emission by 5183 tonnes in FY 2019-20. This proves its commitment to safeguarding the environment.
- The Company is debt-free, thus safeguarding its ability to continue as a going concern and to optimize returns to shareholders.
- Being a part of the Capgemini group, shall accelerate the performance and compete well in the changing needs of the market.