- A refreshingly modern beer brand imagined in India, Bira 91 aspires to bring flavorful beers to the new world.
- Established in the summer of 2015 by B9 Beverages and headquartered in New Delhi, Bira 91 has quickly become the rage amongst urban millennials owing to its delicious beers, bold identity, and strong draft network.
- In 2017, Bira 91 leaped across to New York City to begin its campaign in the United States. And in 2018, the brand started its wider expansion in the Asia Pacific market by entering Singapore.
- Backed by Sequoia Capital, Belgium’s Sofina Capital and Japanese beverage firm Kirin Holdings Co., B9 has tapped investors for about $50 million so far this year.
- Bira is also preparing for its last round of private fundraising before it pins down its listing plans.
Bira 91 has shown robust performance during one of the most uncertain years:
- The company attained an annualized revenue run-rate of INR 430 cr. in March 21 (80% YoY growth)
- Doubled its market share in the last 12 months to 3%(full year FY21)
- BIRA91 has grown by CAGR of 184% for the last 4 years.
- In Jan 21, BIRA91 received investment in its Series C round from Kirin Holdings at a pre-money valuation of INR 1,750 crores.
- BIRA91 is India’s only independent beer company with a national footprint across 18 states & UT and additionally 11 upcoming by FY23.
- Going forward, the Company is expecting to continue its robust performance with the sales expected to grow at a CAGR of 74% between FY21 and FY25.