About the Company
- PharmEasy is a healthcare delivery platform. It helps patients to connect with local pharmacy stores and diagnostic centers enabling them to order medicines, healthcare products, and diagnostic tests.
- PharmEasy, being one the leading players in the market, holds around 60-70% market share with revenues of over INR 637 Cr in FY20.
- The online pharmacy market in India is estimated to be at around $2.7 billion by 2023. PharmEasy holds over 60% market share in the industry and aims to expand further by capitalizing the industry growth prospects.
- It had a revenue of more than $87.75 million in FY20.
API Holdings Limited Eco-system
- API Holding Limited acquired Medlife – a strong player in the E-pharmacy sector in May 2021 and the resultant entity became the leading e-pharmacy in the country.
- API Holding Limited signed an agreement to acquire a 66.1% stake in Thyrocare for INR 4,546 Cr in June 2021. This was a First-ever acquisition of a listed company by an Indian unicorn.
- Thyrocare has total 1,122 outlets (as of 2021) and collection centers across India and parts of Nepal, Bangladesh and the Middle East
PharmEasy Entrepreneur Network:
- PharmEasy, through its Entrepreneur Network, offers an opportunity to individuals to become a PharmEasy Franchise Partner with a minimum investment of as low as INR 20,000/-
- PharmEasy has 800+ Franchise network all over the country.
- This allows for bilateral growth as it expands the PharmEasy network and the franchise partners can earn upto INR 1,00,000/- per month.
- Sales above INR 1 lakh per month benefits the Women franchise partners to get 1% extra commission on platform only orders
- PharmEasy primarily earns by displaying the sponsored results of various pharmaceutical entities. These kinds of advertisements are found on the home page of such organizations. Advertising is a major source of revenue and this e-pharmacy leverages it to the hilt. Attractive discounts also contribute to PharmEasy's revenue. It offers considerable discounts to the customers which makes it preferable than traditional pharmacy.
- PharmEasy offers additional discounts for payments made through its partner gateways and/or bank channels.
- Furthermore, PharmEasy earns from commission from its customers for the healthcare products and medicines that sell via the platform.
- The brand also earns through the delivery charges that get levied on the products.