Inkel Limited is a construction and engineering service provider. The Company provides consultancy, construction and landscaping services. It also offers infrastructural development, facilities management, solar power solutions, and health hospitality services. It is an instrument for fast track development of the state’s economy.
It is a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) initiative that brings together prominent global investors, government agencies and industrialists. INKEL was established with a specific objective of pooling together private capital as well as professional expertise. They are well-known for their competence in large-scale projects such as roads and bridges, industrial business parks, transport and trade centers, etc.
Inkel is on the path of emerging as a one-stop destination for implementing large scale infrastructure projects. It will also provide a conducive platform for private investors in Kerala and beyond. The company has the potential to grow its services beyond its current territory. Soon it might expand its services in neighbouring states.
About the Company
- The government of Kerala has established INKEL Ltd with the specific objective of channelizing private capital as well as professional expertise into large scale projects viz industrial business park, roads and bridges, power, transport, trade centres etc.
- Inkel Ltd is on track to emerge as a one-stop destination for implementing large scale infrastructural projects and an instrument for fast-track development of the state’s economy.
- Inkel offers services ranging from concept development to the completion and handing over of projects in various sectors.
- The primary objective of Inkel is to channelise and public and private capital and professional expertise for infrastructure development.
- Inkel Ltd, incorporated in the year 2007, is a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) initiative that brings together government agencies, prominent global investors, NRI industrialists/ businessmen.
- Roads & Bridges
- Industrial Infrastructure
- Engineering Design and Consultancy
- PMC, Advisory and Management Consultancy
- Health and Hospitality
- Solar Energy
- Education and Skill Development
- Advisory Services
- Renewable Energy
- Design & Engineering
- Project Development
- Synchronisation Approvals
- Project Management Consultancy
- In the FY 2018-19, the Company has been appointed by the Department of General Education, Govt of Kerala as the PMC for Infrastructure upgradation of 239 schools across the state. The estimated project cost is Rs 699 crores, with a potential fee income of Rs 24 cr.
- The company has bagged an EPC tender from KSEB for setting up 8 MW of ground-mounted solar plant at three locations–Brahmapuram, Agali and Nenmara. The total estimated cost is Rs 45 crores, to be commissioned in the financial year 2019-20.
- The successful commissioning of the 58 km State Highway project for RICK Ltd under Hybrid Annuity (in Kottayam and Thiruvananthapuram districts) has given the company, the confidence to explore opportunities for taking up large projects.
- During the FY 2018-19, the Company concluded an agreement with M/s KMC Constructions Ltd, Hyderabad for investment in Calicut Expressway Private Ltd (CEPL), a special purpose vehicle established to undertake the six-lane of 28 km Kozhikode bye-pass under NHAI’s Hybrid Annuity Model.