Tata Technologies Limited was founded in 1989. Today’s organization results from a combination of the integrity and entrepreneurial spirit of three pioneering organizations. All three companies focused on building a good reputation for themselves in the industry. Tata Technologies focused on distinguishing itself as an engineering organization.
Tata technology is a subsidiary of Tata Motors. It is a global leader in engineering services, product development IT services, product life cycle, manufacturing and IT services management, etc. It helps ambitious manufacturing companies to design and build better products.
Tata Technologies is a company of innovators, specialists in designing engineering space that improves the quality of lives. It uses its expertise in manufacturing technologies, electrical vehicle programs, light-weighting and associated IT solutions to design products that are safer, with a lower carbon footprint. This delivers a better experience which in turn contributes towards a better world for all of us.
About the Company
- The company caters to industries such as Automotive, Defense, Aerospace & Heavy Machinery. The services of the company include Engineering Research & Development, Product Lifecycle Management, Connected Enterprise IT.
- Tata Technologies is a global engineering and product development digital services company providing services to the global manufacturing industry.
- The company, founded in the year 1989, is a strategic partner for developing complete vehicles, engineering subsystems and components, managing the New Product Introduction (NPI) process through collaborative engineering tools, such as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Tata Technologies is headquartered in Singapore, with a combined global workforce of more than 8,500 employees serving clients worldwide from facilities in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. The Company has five offices located in Mumbai, Lucknow, Jamshedpur, Bangalore, Chennai and one branch office located in Japan that enables it to provide high quality, cost-effective services to clients.
Evolution & History
- Tata Technologies is found under the Legacy of Trust of Tata Group in 1989. Since 1989, Tata Technologies’ professionals have been contributing engineering and design services to the world’s leading manufacturers.
- The Year 1989 - Tata Technologies is founded as a business unit of Tata Motors.
- The Year 1994 - Tata Technologies spins off as an independent business unit, headquartered in Singapore.
- The Year 1996 - Tata Technologies commencing operations in India.
- The Year 1997 - Wins Tata Motors E&D and IT outsourcing engagement.
- The Year 2003 - Moves India operations to new world-class, state-of-the-art campus Pune Infotech Park
- The Year 2005 - Tata Technologies acquires 100% of INCAT International UK, expanding the global footprint.
- Autodesk - Autodesk is the leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software.
- CAD Solutions
- Industrial Design & Visualization
- Products Innovation Platform
- Data Management
- The Global Engineering and R&D (ER&D) market is expected to grow to USD 2.2 trillion by 2025 as per Zinnov, a global consulting & advisory firm.
- Digital engineering is seen as a key driver for future growth in ER&D growing at CAGR of 19% over the next 5 years and is estimated to account for 53% of overall ER&D spend by companies till 2025
- Amongst Industry verticals, Automotive, IHM and Aerospace (key focus areas of Tata Technologies), ER&D spends are expected to grow at 5% CAGR with more than USD 230 billion investments expected in upcoming year/s
Comparison with Listed Peers
- EPS of Tata technology for the half-year ended 30th September 2020 is at INR 13.23 which is high as compared to EPS of Happiest mind at INR of 2.51
- PAT of Tata technology for the half year ended 30th September 2020 is INR 55.7Cr which is high as compared to PAT of Happiest Mind at INR 34.08 Cr
Awards & Achievements
- Recognition for Ready Engineer CSR program by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GoI.
- 3DS on Premise Sales Award.
- PTC Partnership Tier improvement Award.
- Dassault Systemes’ North America Top Salesperson Award.
- Siemens Smart Expert Partner Badge 2020.
- Tata Technologies won the prestigious Muthiah Kasi Award for its Value
- Analysis & Value Engineering (VAVE).
- Positioned in the ‘Leadership Zone’ in the latest Zinnov Zones Global ER&D services 2019 report.
- Tata Technologies and GKN Automotive To Set Up A Global E-Mobility Software Engineering Centre In India. The new centre will leverage Tata Technologies expertise in electric and embedded systems as well as GKN Automotives next-generation e-Drive technologies.
- Two Centres for Invention, Innovation, Incubation and Training (CIIIT), which are coming up at a cost of INR 360 Crores in Jammu and Kashmir in collaboration with Tata Technologies, will be completed by November 2020.
- e-VMP - Electric Vehicle Modular Platform: As OEMs focus on building the next-gen of EVs, they need to overcome current hurdles in the industry and focus on the right strategy for progress. A platform development approach helps in cost competitiveness, commonality, scalability, de-risking, quality improvements and building new revenue streams.
- Tata Technologies signs MoA with Karnataka Government to transform 150 ITIs as technology hubs.