PayTM (Pay Through Mobile)
Paytm founded in Year Dec 22, 2000. One97 runs Paytm stands for Pay through mobile and it is India’s largest mobile payments and commerce platform. It lets you transfer money instantly to anyone at zero cost using the Paytm Wallet. Headquartered in New Delhi, One97 is more than 4,500 people strong with regional offices in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata with global presence in Africa, Europe, Middle East and Southeast Asia. Backed by marquee investors like Alibaba Group, Ant Financial (AliPay), SAIF Partners, Mediatek, Sapphire Venture and Silicon Valley Bank.
Inquire Now For Best Quote
Cash free transactions on petrol pumps, grocery shops, restaurants, coffee shops, multiplexes, and many more. To pay for online recharges, utility bill payments, book movie or travel tickets among other things on the Paytm app or website.
Paytm website is an ultimate destination for prompt Online Recharge, DTH, Data Card & Metro Card Recharge and Mobile Bill Payment for Airtel, Aircel, BSNL, Tata Docomo, Idea, MTNL, Vodafone & other operators for all the circles across India. Enjoy our online recharge and bill payment service along with best bonus packs of internet & roaming within a jiffy.
Paytm, One97’s flagship brand, inspired and driven by a commitment to great consumer experience. Paytm is also a leading payment solutions provider to e-commerce merchants using its RBI approved semi-closed wallet.
One97 delivers mobile content and commerce services to millions of mobile consumers through India’s most widely deployed telecom applications cloud platform.
One97 also invests in early stage mobile companies through the One97 Mobility Fund (OMF).
1] Paytm logs 400 million transactions a month
The digital payments and payments gateway business are picking up steam.
Paytm, the largest digital payments company in India, said it was processing more than 400 million transactions every month. Paytm also claimed it was five times bigger than its closest competitor. It has seen threefold growth in the number of transactions over the last one year, Paytm told ET.
Paytm competes with the likes of PayU and Razorpay in the payment gateway business. PayU is one of the largest payment processors in the country. Razorpay has also grown fast to challenge the incumbents in this space.
2] Paytm in talks to acquire insurance marketplace company Coverfox
“Digital payments company Paytm is in talks to acquire Mumbai-based insurance marketplace Coverfox for $100-120 million in an allcash deal, said two people aware of the matter. If the transaction goes through, it will be the largest acquisition by the Vijay Shekhar Sharma-led company, which is making inroads into the financial services segment through its subsidiary Paytm Money.
This will also see Paytm emerge as a direct competitor to the country’s largest online insurance marketplace. This will also see Paytm emerge as a direct competitor to the country’s largest online insurance marketplace PolicyBazaar. SoftBank Vision Fund, a large investor in Paytm’s parent One97 Communications, is also a significant shareholder in Policybazaar, which may pose challenges to the deal, people close to the development said. “The Paytm board is in the process of finalising the contours of the deal,” said one of them. Coverfox in Talks to Raise $50 million
3] Paytm collaborates with CRPF Wives Association to collect donation for families of martyrs
E-wallet Paytm has come forward to collect donation for the families of the martyred CRPF jawans in the Pulwama attack by collaborating with CRPF Wives Welfare Association. The e-wallet has introduced a new option ‘CRPF Bravehearts’ to help people contribute to the families of the martyrs.
Promotors & Management:
1] CEO :
2] Directors :
Management Capabilities and Corporate Governance
One97 was incorporated in 2000 by Mr Vijay Shekar Sharma, who has more than 10 years of experience in the technology, media and telecom industries. In the past, he has been associated with companies focusing on design and development of products, and applications for the technology, media and telecom industries. He currently holds a 43.18% stake (pre-conversion of compulsory convertible preference shares). A professional, senior and second line of management with good technical background leads the company. The company has a good organisation structure at place with heads for each business sub-segment and for each large client. This has been built on the culture of having intrapreneurs within the organisation. Mr Vikas Thapar, CFO, has about two decades of experience in the telecom industry and was earlier associated with Bharti Airtel Limited as Controller, Finance. Independent directors have a fair understanding of the overall business of the company. The board includes Mr Deep Kalra, who is a member of the executive council of NASSCOM and chairs their internet working group. Mr Rajesh Ghonasgi, independent director, is the CFO of Persistent Systems and has been associated with a number of companies in the IT sector including Hexaware Technologies, Deutsche Software (India) Limited and Wipro Limited. Mr Kunal Bajaj, another independent director, is partner and Director, India, for Analysys Mason, a global strategic consultancy firm focusing on the telecom, technology and media industries. Mr Bajaj also holds the position of Founding Co-chair for the Mobile Marketing Association’s India Local Council.
- The Company is focusing on strengthening its position in various business segments like Payments Bank, Insurance and Insurance Broking, travel ticketing, hotel, mobile wallet services etc. and that would result into better turnover in coming fiscal years. The co. has invested huge capital expenditure and operational investment for establishing the brand in the past years.
- The business and consumer confidence is expected to improve in the coming years, geared with a streamlined organizational design, the company intends to grow its businesses. The improvement in consumer sentiment and increased consumer spending through online platforms will enable the growth momentum to pick up. The management continuous to be cautiously optimistic towards the external economic environment and expects consumer demand to become more consistent and robust in the ensuing financial years.
- Paytm is India’s largest mobile commerce platform and is backed by Japan’s SoftBank and Chinese tech giant Alibaba.
- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway bought a stake in India’s largest digital payments company, Paytm, the billionaire investor’s first investment in any Indian company (3-4 % stake for Rs.2200-2500 crores as per media news).
- Revenue growth on a consolidated basis , 325% y-o-y to Rs.3314 crores in 2018 from Rs.780crores.
- Also Berkshire’s investment manager Todd Combs, who was leading the investment discussions with Paytm, will be joining the board of One97 Communications
- The current round pegs Paytm’s valuation at about $10-12 billion.
- Paytm wallet is a RBI governed wallet.
- Paytm Canada has emerged as the number one finance application on both Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store in the month of November 2018. The popularity of Paytm Canada is also because of the fact that it lets the NRIs settled in Canada pay bills on behalf of their relatives